The establishment of Al-Manara University came in response to the guidelines of the Council of Higher Education Board of expanding the map of post-high school educational institutions to cover new governorates including Lattakia and Tartous on the level of the Syrian coast. The establishment of the university was culminated when the president Bashar Al- Assad, president of the Syrian Arab Republic issued the decree No /108/ dated 31March 2016.
Manara University basically aims to contribute in raising the level of higher education in Syria side by side with other Public & Private Universities. This aim is to be achieved through providing qualitative education that will increase learning opportunities for our students, allowing them to continue their higher education, in accordance with appropriate conditions, in contemporary and up to date fields that comply with the recent domains of education on both the national and international levels.
Manara University has started its educational activities in the first semester of academic year 2016/2017 by opening the major academic fields in the following faculties, each of which includes various fields & curriculums as shown below:
- Faculty of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Department of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Engineering
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Mechatronics
- Faculty of Business Administration
- Department of Finance & Banking
- Department of Marketing and E-commerce
- Department of Tourism &Hotel Management
The university is preparing to offer other academic fields starting from the academic year 2017-2018 in addition to organizing appropriate executive programs and linking them to the developmental, economic, social and cultural projects that meet the community needs.
In order to achieve its objectives, the university aims through its long term teaching strategy to cover most of the scientific, technological, cultural, and humanities sciences that are up to date with the scientific development, and that meets the needs of the Syrian society in particular and the requirements of developments and scientific research in general. The university will be relying on the most important international accreditation standards.
One of the university main priorities is the effective contribution to human development and social responsibility by having appropriate systems to grant academic scholarships in the fields of study that are needed for the sustainable development of Syria. The beneficiary students, in return, will participate in the anticipated developmental projects
What distinguishes Al Manara University is its developmental vision as a significant part of its revenues will be allocated to develop the university and its educational and developmental facilities and activities. This will be done in a way that contributes to the development of the Educational Sector in Syria.
The university contributes to the developmental process in the society through:
- Having a framework for joint cooperation programs between the university and the economic and social components that link the educational process to the needs and requirements of the community, where the returns of these programs are mainly used to implement development projects.
- Providing scholarships to different group of students and in particular to martyr’s offspring & relatives and to army injured members who were badly affected during the Syrian crisis, and their offspring. The scholarships will be in fields that are necessary to the development of the society.
- Getting students involved in the labor market by offering programs that help creating work opportunities which enable them to contribute effectively in the forthcoming developmental project.
- Evolving the developmental process in the region by integrating the local community into the university’s construction processes and economic activities in the region. Moreover, emphasizing the role of groups & individuals lived in this society, by identifying their needs and work together to achieve the necessary services to meet their requirements.
- Preparing scientific & practical programs for the residents of the region through educational and training courses. In addition to the qualification of the local human forces and their preparation to work in different sectors within the framework of the university at all levels by providing them with knowledge, skills and values necessary for work.