- Provides an understanding regarding the basic principles of microorganisms in relation to pharmaceutical industry.
- Explains the role of environmental factors in polluting different pharmaceutical products and contamination with germs.
- Teaches the classification of chemical materials with fatal effect on germs including sterilizers, antiseptics and preservatives.
- Teaches the application of sterilization methods in pharmaceutical products.
- Teaches the basic methods of evaluating the level of microbial contamination in different pharmaceutical products.
- Teaches the classification of various types of antibiotics as well as knowing how to manufacture and distinguish their different functional methods.