- Teaches and trains students how to practice good synthesis rules.
- Teaches how to differentiate various production departments in pharmaceutical companies.
- Explains the pre-manufacturing operations, water and air treatment.
- Explains the preliminary industrial operations including partitioning, separation of solid materials, sterile rooms and the conditions of producing all pharmaceutical products.
- Studies the pharmaceutical operations (physical and pharmaceutical) that are significant in preparing a good product.
- Studies and compares the factors that affect the formulation of pharmaceutical forms.