The credit hours system is the one followed at the university and the academic year is two compulsory semesters and an optional summer semester:
1. First semester: regular and compulsory from 16 to 19 weeks some of which are for tests.
2. Second semester: regular and compulsory from 16 to 19 weeks some of which are for tests.
3. Summer semester: optional and intensive for 8 weeks.
Regulations of commitment to attendence:
1. Student should attend all of the lectures, practical classes and seminars according to the study plan.
2. Students are not allowed to miss more than 15% of the credit hours of the course.
3. If students miss more than 15% of the credit hours of the course without a convincing or compelling excuse accepted by the faculty dean, they are deprived of taking the final and given zero and (Z). They should register again if the course is compulsory and in any case the result of failing is included in the student's quarterly grade for reasons related to warnings and dispelling from the specialty and students are deprived from taking the final exam if they do not achieve 25% of the semester's grades.
4. Students are allowed to withdraw from a course during the semester and given (W) and dates related to the withdrawal deadlines of courses are determined in the academic calendar issued by the beginning of the academic year or semester and the course which a students obtained a (w) is not included in the accumulative average.
5. In case of withdrawal from all courses within the designated semester, a student is considered suspended and is given (W) in all withdrawn courses and this semester within the maximum deadline of study, it is issued in transcripts, the student should pay a fee for it and it is not included in the accumulative average.
Academic suspensions and postponement conditions:
Academic suspension: a student who cannot pursue studying in an academic semester for any reason to apply for a suspension request (withdrawal of all courses in that semester):
1. To approve of a suspension request, it should be applied by the end of the eighth week from the beginning of the compulsory semester and before the sixth week in the optional summer semester according to the university calendar.
2. The period of academic suspension is calculated from the maximum limit of the registration to obtain the bachelor's degree.
Academic postponement: a student who needs because of certain circumstances to postpone studying can postpone for one semester or a maximum of four continuous or separate semesters during university life:
1. To approve of a suspension request, it should be applied before the semester to be postponed.
2. Postponement period is not taken into account from the maximum limit of the allowed registration period to obtain the degree.
3. It is not allowed to postpone the study of a new or transfer student unless a semester has passed after enrollment.
1. If a student fails to attend two consecutive courses.
2. If a student exceeds the maximum limit of duration allowed to stay in college approved by the ministry of higher education.
3. If a student is permanently expelled from the university.
powered by Syrian Monster - Web Service Provider - All Rights Reserved 2021