- Knowledge of Mendelian genetics of human and its applications, and the genetics of mitochondrion.
- Knowledge of molecular structure of genetic matter, the function of gene and its regulation.
- Understanding the origin of genetic variation and studying genetic diseases in all its patterns.
- Knowledge of biotechnologies used in diagnosis of genetic diseases.
- Knowledge of biochemical genetics and immunogenetics, Human embryonic development, understanding the genetic basis of cancer and cellular genetics.
- Understanding multifactorial genetic diseases, knowledge of genetic therapy and it applications.